Wednesday 27 February 2008

HDR landscape in the Oule valley

HDR landscape in the Oule valleyPaysage HDR dans la vallée de l'Oule


I think i'm going to play a little more with HDR.
I was keeping the 3 shots used to build this photo for 5 months, since my last trip in the Alps. I've just processed them one hour ago.

When i took these photos in october, it was the end of the day, the light was beautiful on the mountains but the valley was in the shadow.
Combining 3 shots allows me to have very detailed and noise free shadows, beautiful midtones and respected highlights on the cliffs.

About the technical things :
  • The 3 shots were done with a Nikon D100 and a zoom Tamron 17-50.
  • The 3 raw files were converted to HDR and the tonemapped with Photomatix
  • The resulting image was saved as a 48 bits TIF file and re-processed with SilkyPix for color and contrast adjustments.
A larger version of this image can be seen here.

2 comments :

Heli said...

Beautiful photo! Love the colours

X by Leina Neima said...

I really like HDR pictures, they are so rich in colors and lights. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...