Wednesday 9 July 2008

Bold HDR colors

Mediterranean colors at Le Pradet
Le Pradet - Provence large view


HDR photography of course helps with saving highlights and shadows but it also increase greatly the colors informations in the image file. So the photographer can go very far in post processing without altering image quality. Som can think that highly processesed images don't go with quality. That's another and eternal story. You can like it or not. These days i like it.

HDR from 3 exposures, raw process with SilkyPix, HDR and tone mapping with Photomatix and ultimate post processing with Picture Window Pro.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to decide if I like the super vivid colours of the HDR images. I've done a couple myself and have to say the images are interesting, but almost seem surreal.
Is that bad? I haven't decided, I like vibrant colours (as is obvious in several of my shots), but the opportunity to experiment with it is limited (due to time mostly).

I must say, the slightly more subtle and smooth colours in this shot do tone the effect down some, making the orange very eye catching without being too distracted by the background.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's bad if that's what you're looking for. Who said it can't be surreal? :-) I'm such a lover of the sea I tend to like the more natural look but it doesn't take away from the great shot and the colors are vivid and attractive. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...