Wednesday 15 April 2009

The chapel in the forest

Malière Chapel - Provence
Malière chapel - Provence


This chapel is in a narrow valley really close to my village. So close that i've never photographied it before :) Perharps also because the valley is so narrow that good light is rare.
The chapel is a little mysterious. Every body call it a chapel but nobody knows if it's really one or a mausolée. It's a private place, can't be approached very close and nobody seems to know who is the real owner ...

Most often i just use my long lenses for some helicopter shots and i don't carry them for my usual landscape work.
This chapel gave me an occasion to change my habitudes and to retrive the pleasure to use such a lens on a tripod.

4 comments :

Kreativlink said...

A private place you say? Oh my ...
Whatever it is - big, nice looking windows on each side and it could so be my secret workplace!
Of course, I'd miss the sea view from there, right? Okay, maybe not the most smart idea then...

Mark Alan Meader said...

My long lenses gather dust most of the time, too:) Sometimes I force myself to use one a little bit just to get a different perspective. Did so just the other day, in fact.
Wish someone would pay me to fly around in a helicopter taking pictures.. I've done it, but I was the one paying!

Michelle B. Hendry said...

I love the mystery! And a beautiful shot....

Kathleen Harrington said...

How enchanting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...