Monday 13 July 2009

A little street in Puget Thenier

A little street in Puget Thenier
A little street in Puget Thenier


Puget Thenier is a little village above Nice in the Alpes Maritimes region. We went there for a mandolin festival and i took a few shots to post here.

For this one i did 3 things i very rarely do :
  • I shoot right in the middle of the day.
  • I didn't use any tripod.
  • I exposed the shot for the highlights and then did a HDR processing with 3 exposures from the same raw file.

8 comments :

Paulo J. Mendes said...

Absolutely delightful!

gh said...

Beautiful photograph. I too hate to shoot in the middle of the day, especially with little cloud cover.
As cavernous as this street is, it may have been the best time though. You handled it very well by keeping anything from blowing out and bringing back some shadow detail and tones later with three different exposures from the same RAW file.
truly fine work, Patrick

Mark Alan Meader said...

Mid-day light IS a challenge, especially in color, but there are viable workarounds, as you proved here. Doing some casual travel shots can be a nice break from the "serious" stuff anyway. Looks like a beautiful spot.

C. JoyBell C. said...

Oh! How lovely, lovely, lovely! I should want to live there, any day, I suppose! How charming and lovely! Look at all those charming little doors!

Andy Richards said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

This is a very wonderful photo! I so love the color! :)

Kreativlink said...

Amazing!! At first I thought it's a painting!

Anonymous said...

I live on this street, at the end, on the right hand side, the "apartment" has been in my family for many generations. My favorite thing about this street is the Templar Knight temple which would have been just to your left when you took the shot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...