Tuesday 22 June 2010

The old barns

Old Barns in the Alpes de Haute Provence
Old Barns in the Alpes de Haute Provence


During my last drive through the Alpes de Haute Provence, i was not so far from Manosque when i saw these old barns in a very rural landscape under the warm light of an almost raining afternoon.

I'm always amazed when i see some photographs or paintings of American or Canadian old barns. They are usually more pretty and impressive than these ones but that kind of view is rare enough in our country to make me stop on my road.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean about old barns. Here in America I'm the same and like to photograph them when I can. Here's a link to a few I've done...

http://www.riffspics.com/search/label/farm

However, I really like your photo especially the soft colors. Good work.

Barns of the midwest said...

Very nice work. I love old barns too, especialy those in my native USA Midwest. I invite you to look at my web site, www.ernestjschweit@blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...