Friday 29 October 2010

Annecy - Palais de l'Isle

Palais de l'Isle in Annecy
Palais de l'Isle in Annecy


I've eared that this very pretty little castle was one of the most photographed monument in France. I don't know if it's true but this place is hugely touristic and you can read anything about Annecy without seeing such an image.

This castel was built in 1132 and is also very well known under the name of Les vieilles prisons because it was used as a jail during a while.

You can learn a little more about it with this english page of Wikipedia and much more on the french page.

And for peoples who like technical info : this image is the result of a HDR work done from 3 exposures and processed with Photomatix and Oloneo PhotoEngine.

2 comments :

Mark Alan Meader said...

Have you posted another version of this view before, or do I just remember someone else's? I know this is one of those classic scenes that EVERYONE shoots when they are there, so probably I have seen it many times. Even so, it's still interesting to see, if done with care and timing. I'm sure a nice print of this would sell well to visitors, but you know that:)

Unknown said...

Mark you can have seen an old one on my french website and you also have seen it in a wikipedia page i sent you abou Annecy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...