Friday 29 April 2011

Weekly commented photo #17 : Cereal field in the wind

Cereal field in the wind
Cereal field in the wind


On wednesday i wanted to go to the mountains of the Valserine valley to make images of the fresh green leaves inthe forest.
I left home under a cloudy and windy weather and arrived on the place about one hour later under an impressive rain. I hesitated a short time and decided to go back and continue my office work.

So one hour later i was not too far from home when i noticed a cereal field along the tiny road i was driving on.
The weather was still cloudy giving a very nice light on the landscape and the cereals were dancing in the wind.

I parked my car, walked to the field and the was a little disapointed because a high voltage power line was crossing the sky just here.
I abandoned the idea of a landscape with the field overhung by a stunning cloudy sky and decided that the day was definitely not good for photography.

I was about to walk back to my car when i had the idea to try some closeups. The wind was strong and getting a sharp image looked impossible.
After a few shots, i mounted my Hoya ND 400 filter on my lens and decided to let the wind play with the grass.
On this image, the exposure was around one minute long.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Tu as bien fait de prendre une longue exposition. J'aime beaucoup l'effet voilé des herbes et le cadrage serré.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...