Monday 6 June 2011

Dusk light on Serre Ponçon lake

Dusk light on Serre Ponçon lake
Dusk light on Serre Ponçon lake


An image from the archives ...

Serre Ponçon dam was built from 1955 to 1961 on the Durance river.
The lake is the third biggest artificial lake in Europe.
It's a famous place for tourism with the mountains all around and also for sailing and windsurfing because of special winds blowing here.

I spent two days here for work in 2005. This photo is one of the first i did arriving on the place and the morning after i did another one which is still one of my favourite landscape and which doesn't seem to be one this blog :)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Patrick. You make me wish that I could fly so that I could visit your world and walk around with you and see in person what you show in your images. That would be great, if I just didn't have a fear of flying...

Unknown said...

Thank's very much Glenn.
There are also many places i'd like to visit in your country. Thank's for showing images on your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...