Thursday 4 October 2007

Autumn photo story


I took this photo in november 2004 and since it's one of my bestsellers in many artshows.
It shows an horizontal chestnut tree trunk. In fact the tree has two trunks this one and an other vertical.

I wanted to show the entire trunk with this kind of bow covered with lichens and moss in the foreground. I choosed a wide angle lens and turned around the tree looking for the best place. As i needed a great DOF, i had to use a very small aperture and so, a slow shutter speed. After a few minutes searching i didn't found a place to put my tripod and frame as i wanted. So i fold the tripod's legs and "locked" them with some little stoned into a hole in the trunk. The shot was finaly done with this setup and using a remote controler.

1 comment :

'Cuz I Felt Like It! said...

You really take GORGEOUS photographs! I wish I could see some of these places with my own two eyes. You really do have a way of capturing them so I can really see it and want to just stare at the pictures forever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...