Monday 15 September 2008

PTGui update

Panoramic landscape in Provence with parasol pines
Parasol pines panoramic landscape


A new version of PTGui was published during my Corsica trip. I've downloaded it yesterday and did some tests with old images.
I was interested by two points of the evolutions : better memory management and better blending quality. For some years, i think that PTGui's blender makes a wonderful work in most of the cases so it's difficult to say from my test images if the new version is a real improvement. I'll need to try with some more problematic pics.
While i was doing these tests, my main workstation was busy with processing Corsica shots so i tried the new version on an old HP Vectra with PIII and 384 MB RAM. I can say that developpers have done a great work with memeory management and speed because the software was running very fast with this old config :)

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...