Thursday 16 October 2008

HDR colors in autumn vineyard and another thing

HDR colors in autumn vineyard
Autumn hdr landscape in the Provence vineyard

HDR from 3 exposure with 1 EV increment.
Don't forget do look at the large view.

And know, the other thing :
Usually i only write about photography on this blog. But sometimes i have to make some exceptions ...
For a little more than 1 year, i try to sell fine art prints of my job on Etsy. During this year i've only sold 3 prints. It's my worst selling place and i stay there for 2 reasons :
  • It makes a good publicity and it gave me many sales in other places.
  • Some other Etsy sellers are very friendly and chatting with them in the forums is always a pleasure.

So, last week i was tagged by Jetty and some weeks ago it was by Estella ...
Tagging is a blogging game and here are the rules :
  • Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  • Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving theirnames as well as links to their blog.
  • Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

7 things about me :
  • I'm an happy man living in a beautiful place with beautiful wife and daughter and i love my job.
  • I was a rock climber and spent some years chasing for cliffs around the Europe.
  • It looks like climbing was a important part of my life for a very long time : When i was less than 2 i climbed on the walls of my baby bed and broke my head :), when i was 12 i often climbed on the roof of the house to shoot sunsets etc...
  • Know i still have to find 3 other things to say.
  • I love many kinds of art. Photography of course but also painting and sculpture. I think i really discovered painting while many paintings photographs.
  • When my daughter was borned, a famous french painter offered us (her) a huge and beautiful painting. I think that's the most amazing piece of art i've ever owned.
  • I think i know why i've so many hearts and so few sales on Etsy. I'm really more expensive than the other photographers selling there and i some peoples still don't trust in inkjet printing. So i've decided that i will soon try to sell lab prints in my Etsy shop but for me they won't be really handmade and they won't be real fine art prints.

and the 7 victims :

6 comments :

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Great facts you have, Patrick!
I have been tagged before and all those facts still stand except for the running. I should start doing that again... You can read them here:
http://artmind-etcetera.blogspot.com/2007/09/there-is-this-lovely-lady-named-bee.html

Kreativlink said...

Patrick, I look forward seeing your cheaper prints. They may not be handmade, but they may be affordable by me! :)

And about that tagged, I just listed a lot of things that make me happy. Can that count too? *puppy eyes*

X by Leina Neima said...

Patrick, it was enjoyable to meet you a bit closer. So, now I have been tagged by 3 persons and need to be good girl and tell a bit about myself, soon.

Anonymous said...

great facts

JK said...

It's great to read about you, patrick. I can very much relate to the inkjetprinting, it is handmade by us, but there are still people who only trust and like the lab prints. Ah, well...

Thanks for the facts, really enjoyed reading them. And I just love the vineyard photo!!

Anonymous said...

ach, about/adoubt etsy:
hmmm, well, i enjoy window shopping there but posting my own art work for sale there - no, i wont...
i looked at some of the paintings for sale there - either not priced enough or way over priced.
you have a value placed on your art - a teacher told me never to under sell yourself - do YOU think you are priced correctly?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...