Thursday 11 December 2008

On the road

Panoramic landscape in Provence mountains
Panoramic landscape in Provence mountains


That's another old shot just published for not being too boring with my most recent seascapes.
I remember this day. It was during 2006 springtime. After several days of rains a strong Mistral was blowing on the mountains around my village. I walked the 7 kilometers from my house because cars are not allowed to use this road.
I arrived on the place in the late afternoon just with this beautiful light and could shoot this pano and a few other frames before darkness.

For the tech addict readers, the pano was done from 6 nef files from my Nikon D100 converted with SilkyPix and stitched with PTGui.

Large view here.

3 comments :

C. JoyBell C. said...

I have also shared this one, on my blog.

This is a welcome break, from the rough, calm, grey, colorful, wild, serene, magnificent, familiar, mysterious...Mediterranean seascapes that you mostly always do. :)

Though I still look forward to seeing more seascapes.

What I would like to see...captures of the way of life in Provence...

I know that you are a landscape/seascape photographer, but once in a while, I would love to see the lifestyle of people captured, through an observant camera following the emotions of human actions around. :) Just once in a while. :)

Unknown said...

Charity, thanks for your interest and compliments but i think you'll have to wait for seeing some Provence lifestyle pictures.

As you said i'm a landscape photographer. I've some few lifestyle images but they where done while i was hired by some clients and i try not to show them on the net.

C. JoyBell C. said...

Oh I see. I thought you could simply hide on top of a rock and take stolen shots of strangers walking by...ha ha ha! Silly me! Perhaps that is illegal...?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...