Monday 9 February 2009

That little path in the forest - HDR

Forest path on the Presqu'île de Giens - HDR
Forest path on the Presqu'île de Giens


After many days of rain, it finally stopped on saturday morning. As my wife and daughter took a little holidays with friends, i spent most of the week walking on the coast. Light was not awesome but sometimes the sun poped out of the clouds and let me get some interesting pics. You'll see more soon :)

About this one, it was done from 6 exposures with my most usual workflow : NEF files processed with SilkyPix, HDR work with Photomatix and resulting image reprocessed with SilkyPix.
Note : I've also done a first version using only 4 of these exposures but obtained really more artifacts in some small branches against the blue sky. Introducing the 2 other exposures gave more informations to Photomatix and strongly reduced these defaults.

5 comments :

roentare said...

So beautiful. The image is rendered in such an artistic way!

Mark Alan Meader said...

I like the large version of this one where you can really see the detail. Also, I like that you use the HDR effect in kind of a subtle way. It has a little bit of that "fantasy" look, but it's not overdone; probably someone not familiar with image processing would have no idea. I imagine this was quite dark under the trees when you shot it? Nice composition with the tree and the path also.

Unknown said...

Hi Mark,

I'm really happy to know what you think about such images.
Yes that was dark under the trees and all the greens where also really dark.
Of course that would be overdone for a real landscape but i think it was not possible to make a real and beautiful landscape here this day. So i decided to go for this dreamy look. I wanted to try such an image for a long time and this day it was the day.

Michelle B. Hendry said...

This is just gorgeous!

C. JoyBell C. said...

There once was a fairy
Who lived in this tree

She came from across the oceans
From the far ends of the sea

This fairy was beautiful
As she sat in this tree

Every night I walked this path home
She watched over me

-Charity :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...