Thursday 7 May 2009

The hills around my village

Mountain road through the Provence hills - Panoramic landscape
Mountain road through the Provence hills


When i spend long times in the office i often need a little outdoor at the end of day.

This place is 7 km far from my village and really higher. The village is in the valley you can devine through the darkest hills in the background.
The little trick is that no car is allowed to take this road for many years. So last wednesday in the end of afternoon i thought that a little walk to these hills would be a nice way to change my mind after a full day of file processing and of administrative tasks.

A very narrow footpath climbs the hills through a deep forest. I took me a little more than one hour to get there and i've to say that once on the place i spent more time looking a the wild nature than making photos :)

I decided to go back at dusk and of course arrived in the forest by a dark night. The last kilometers in the narrow and slopy path covered by roots and stones were a little tiring. Arrived at home, i realized that i had a head lamp in my backpack :)

This panoramic landscape was stitched with PTGui Pro from 4 images taken with a soft ND filter. I tell that here because i've read that many people have problems while stitching images done with some ND grads. I really think that the problems don't come from the filters because i do that for many years and never noticed any trouble.

2 comments :

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Sounds like the best kind of diversion....

Mark Alan Meader said...

Looks like a beautiful place to clear your head after a hard day at the computer! And, how many times have I had to worry if I was going to be able to find my way back to my car in the dark after working the very last of the good light? A flashlight is basic gear for sure:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...