Saturday 14 May 2011

Weekly commented photo #19 : Coniferous and deciduous trees in Valserine forest

Coniferous and deciduous trees in the mountains of Valserine valley
Coniferous and deciduous trees in the mountains of Valserine valley


After my first and unsucessful try in the Valserine valley, i returned there last week under a beautiful blue sky. It's not my favourite weather for photography but at least it was not raining cats and dogs.

After about one hour driving i arrived in the valley. My initial thought was to make some photos inside the forest.
I found one place to park my car along the (very) narrow road and started to walk, searching one place to penetrate the forest.
It was not an easy thing. The forest was hardly steep and i had dead leaves up to my knees. Most of all, stones were falling down from the cliffs over the forest ...
Although i've been an active rock climber and alpinist during more than 20 years i didn't feel very secure.

My tripod helped me to climb and stay on my legs in the slope but event a Manfrotto one is not a real mountaineering tool :)
I probably spent a little more than one hour in that place, trying to make images.
Composition was very difficult in the steep slope and even the tripod was not easy to set up.
I think i've one acceptable image from this uncomfortable hour.

Then i went back (down would be a more exact word) to my car and continued my exploration of the valley.

I drove, stopped, walked, drove, stopped, walked and so on until the end of the afternoon.
I found one or two beautiful places for landscape photography but it was not the good time.
I was fed up before dusk and decided to come back home.

The image above was done from the road side while drinving back in the valley.
It would probably have been really more beautiful if i had waited one or two more hours but i was not in that feeling.

I've spent more than half a day scouting there and i still don't know exactly where and when to return to make the images i want ...

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...