Tuesday 21 May 2013

White water in Vézéronce river

Image of water running through the rocks of the river bed
White water in Vézéronce river

 

I don't know the upper part of Vézéronce river but from Pain de Sucre waterfall to the junction with the Rhône, the river bed is large and the water runs on a kind of limestone rock.

On my first visit in April, i was surprised by the low water level despite the unstopping rain we have here for months.
The water was running quietly and sometimes falling in such little "cracks" in the tender rocks.
I thought this closeup composition could be interesting and just had to set up my tripod over the "crack". The limestone was very slippery and I wasn't in the most comfortable position while making this image but i'm very happy with the result.

It was very late in the afternonn and light was low enough to give this silky water effect without any ND filter.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...