Monday 18 May 2009

HDR in the Douglas forest

Douglas pine tree forest
Douglas pine tree forest in Provence


The Douglas pine tree aka Oregon pine tree is really not a Provence tree but some people had the idea to grow some of them here.
On may 1rst, i crossed this little forest while i was walking through the hills around my village. It's a very dark place, the light is so low that nothing grows on the ground and only the top branches have needles.

I took the 6 exposures used for this image mostly to see how HDR could be worthwile in such conditions. After processing i was about to delete the files as i often do, when i thought i could post it here to show another aspect of the nature we have here.

Note : If you're interested in HDR landscapes, you can have a look at my tips here.

4 comments :

roentare said...

The treescape is surely amazing. Wow! What a stunning shot.

I really like the leading line composition style here

Mark Alan Meader said...

I can see that they were planted in rows, so obviously put there by someone.. wonder what their intent was? Very common here in the western U.S. and used all over for building materials and as Christmas trees. (Is "pine" and "fir" the same in French? Because here they are Douglas Fir:)
Must have been really dark in there, but it looks completely natural... and interesting perspective. HDR saves the day again!

C. JoyBell C. said...

woooooooooooooowah! Oh my!!!!

When I was little, I climbed many trees! Nobody could stop me even if they tried to! I am not sure if I could have ever climbed these trees, though! hahahahahahaha!

But oh, they are so lovely! :))

Unknown said...

Mark,

Pine is Pin in french and Fir is Sapin.
Although we tend to name all coniferus trees Sapins, we often say Pin Douglas instead of Sapin Douglas :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...