Saturday 23 May 2009

Morning light at Bau Rouge beach and 5 sites to discover

Mediterranean seascape at Bau Rouge beach in Provence
Morning light at Bau Rouge beach


Regular readers will easily recognize the vertical version of an image posted here a few weeks ago.

The five sites to discover :

http://www.chasejarvis.com
Chase Jarvis is a famous and creative photographer. You will discover some stunning various images in his galleries. His blog where he shares thoughts and links is also very interesting.

http://www.roentarre.com James wey often comments here. His galleries are full of very beautiful images and he runs an original blog where he posts serious articles about some technical aspects of the photography. I don't know an other place to read about this subjects.

http://www.antoninkratochvil.com/ Impressive black and white photography. Between many photographic awards, Antonin Kratochvil won the World Press in 2003.

http://www.magichourtravelscapes.com/ The site of Kah Kit Yoong and Winnie Ho. I'll make short about it or it will never end. It's my favorite kind of photography and the 2 authors are some masters.

http://www.gulker.com I discovered the blog of Chris Gulker some months ago while looking at my blog's referrers. That's not really a photography blog although the author is a very serious photographer. It's just a blog from a long time blogger who daily shares various thoughts and pieces of life. I really like it.

10 comments :

C. JoyBell C. said...

wow Patrick!!! I think I can just about see mermaids in that water!!! :)))

ALL of your work is breathtaking!

roentare said...

I am so flattered to see you advertising my site in here. You are very generous.

Thank you for listing so many other sites for me to see :)

Jill Berry said...

I prefer the vertical format for this one. It emphasizes that great distance between the forground and the distant purple mountain. I'm drawn in, and hope I don't slip on the mossy rocks.
Just checked out these sites.
Thanks for sharing.

C. JoyBell C. said...

You have an award! Come pick it up at my blog! :)

C. JoyBell C. said...

Hi roentarre...if Patrick likes you, then I like you, too! :))

Patrick...don't forget your award you won! Pick up at my blog! And congratulations!!!

ira said...

oh my, that's absolutely stunning Patrick!

Mark Alan Meader said...

Thanks for the links Patrick.. some interesting stuff. I especially like the Magic Hour and Chase Jarvis sites. Of course, we both know James' work well and check in there often. I've been planning to do an occasional post like this myself to highlight some of the classic and new artists that I admire. Guess I'd better get on it!
This scene looks so much like California that I can't even say. And nice clear blue sky for your potential tourism clients (although I am always praying for clouds, personally;)

Michelle B. Hendry said...

Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Charity, double thank you :)

James, that's not generousity, i really like your galleries and find your posts interesting. And i know you like to discover new sites :)

Jill, thank you for the comment. I also prefer this one. Don't expect to avoid the slip on the mossy rocks, it's quite impossible. Seriously :)

Ira, thank you. Nice to see you here.I hope to be back on Etsy with a new kind of prints before the summer.

Mark, i was sure you would like the Magic Hour :)
About the Tourism Offices, my previous comment was a little sarcastic. I don't work with them because they rarely buy photos and when they do they offer really low prices. More, they only want to show what people expect from Provence: sunny sand beaches under blue skies :)

Unknown said...

Michelle, thank you. It looks like you enjoy your trip :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...